Sunday 24 June 2018

TIme Goes By....

So 2018 is already half way over. How is that even possible?  It only feels like we just celebrated Christmas. Now we are on to Canada Day and summertime. And like always, I'm back to only posting in this blog twice a year. Nothing new there, I see. Although I do happen to think often about posting on here, however nothing ever transpires from it.

Being that we are half way through the year, I'm going to do a recap on what has happened so far.
1 - Had another successful (haha) year at the tax place. Although being back this year, I realized again why I stopped working there in the first place. So this year, will definitely be the last year that I am there. It is too much of a headache, and in this year in particular, it wasn't worth my time. Majority of my time was spent on my phone, playing games and not helping clients.

2 - I bought a motorcycle! Specifically I bought a 2018 Honda CRF 250 Rally. Awesome fact about this bike (who will from this point on be referred to as Girlie). She has the limited edition black paint scheme, and her serial number is #1 in the edition. So that is pretty cool. I haven't put many km's on her yet. I have decided to take riding lessons, as I figured I'd get a better handle of how to ride it as opposed to having Justin teach me. He did try teaching me, but I ended up getting more frustrated than anything, which wasn't a good thing. Today, I passed the Motorcycle Skills Assessment (which removes the restriction of having someone supervise me while I ride). So in two weeks I will be doing the traffic portion, learning about riding in traffic. Then in mid-August I will be taking my motorcycle road test. So that gives me lots of time to practice between when I do the traffic course, to when I do my road test.

3 - In September, I will be going back to school part time (online) at Capilano University. I will be taking the Legal Administrative Assistant program. It's only been 14 years since I graduated high school. It is about time that I figured out what I want to do career wise. I am super excited for this program. It will take three years to complete (seeing as it is online and part time, as I will be continuing to work full time). Once I successfully complete this program, and have the grades, I can move onto their Paralegal position. Which I am also excited to do.

Other than those three big things, it has just been minor things. Competed in a couple archery tournaments (although we've really been slack on that lately), bought myself a new DSLR camera, went to Calgary to buy a new dirt bike (Mini Me) for Justin, been on a few fishing trips (some together, a couple solo ones), and have been working. Oh, and I also just completed my Occupational First Aid Level 2 for work. So I'm certified in that now.

I will attempt to try to post more here. I really want to start getting into photography more (hence the new camera) and I think here would be a good place to showcase my pictures. Although that would also require having more traffic come to the site. Otherwise I'm just doing it for my own enjoyment. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

Until next time, lovelies!!

No comments:

Post a Comment