Friday 2 May 2014

Archery Camping Weekend

Greetings and salutations!
Archery 3D shoots have been in high demand lately. April we had Chad Davis Memorial (placed 1st) and PoCo (placed 1st and Justin got 2nd). We have two shoots in May. At the end of May is another shoot at PoCo. However this weekend is the Shoot For The Cure camping weekend out at Sagittarius.  This is our second year doing this shoot and second time camping out. This year we have brought along Roman (at least for Friday night to shoot on Saturday) and Justins mom and dad have also come along to camp and shoot this weekend (at least dad is shooting. Mom is along for the ride.)
Right now it is Friday night. We are just sitting around drinking and talking right now. We are hoping that the rain stays away. Topic of choice is fishing. 
**So with this post I will be going through the weekend. I will have to post pictures later as I am writing this on my phone but will be taking pictures with my camera. Plus the Blogger app does not allow me to add multiple pictures to my blog. **

FRIDAY
Camping Under The Tree
On Friday we got to the campsite at about 630pm.  We originally planned to camp under the tree we camped under last year. So we parked our trucks under the tree and sat around drinking.
And then it started raining. It was okay under the tree for a little while but then we started to get tree rain. You know, the point in which the leaves can no longer hold water and you get fat drops of water. Not the most fun to be cooking in. So we ended up moving. We backed the trucks up to Justins parents motorhomes awning and opened our hatch/tailgate underneath it.  It mostly provided a dry spot to cook. At least it kept us dry.

SATURDAY
Roman Getting Ready To Shoot
Justin's Dad Shooting
For some reason when we camp we always wake up earlier than when we are at home. Not saying we sleep in at home, I am usually up just before 6am. But when camping we are usually awake at about 5-530. It can be really tiring. Anyways. After I make breakfast we head out to do round one. Round one our group consisted of myself, Justin, Roman and Justins dad. When we finished round one we headed back to the campsite to sit for a bit before going for round two. Roman had stuff to do at home so he did not join us for round two.
Justin Shooting
There was one difference between round one and two. That was the first target. First round it was just two turkeys sitting in front of a foam backstop. But because the rain decided to die down a bit, they were able to put the turkeys on a turntable. They moved our peg closer but now the turkeys were rotating.  Made for a slightly difficult shot. I missed with my first arrow but got one of them in the leg with my second arrow. 2 points is better than no points.
After second round, we grabbed some lunch at the clubhouse. Then Justin and I went out to do a third round. we made it back to the clubhouse just in time to submit our scores.



My Browning Camo Nails. Did them myself. It was hard

-----So this has been sitting on my phone for a while now. I am just going to leave as a cliff hanger for now and will hopefully get pictures up soon. Look for another post eventually about chasing trout over the May long weekend. Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment