Tuesday 15 January 2013

Happy Belated New Year To You

I have been terrible in writing my blog lately. Needless to say it has been rather busy lately, what with Christmas, New Years, being sick and family. I may continue to be on a bit of a hiatus due to some of the family stuff, but I will try my hardest to get on here when I can. I did already post a new blog this morning, although it is missing pictures as I am currently blogging at work. This post was originally written on my blackberry on January 8, 2013. I had written it upstairs at work before my shift started that day. Although I am going to have to read through it as I go, as some of the details are now wrong (such as the part that I have another blog to put up, but I already did that before I got to this one).

Lets start out with the family stuff. One of my brothers isn't happy with me currently as he thinks that I am stuck in life and wants to see me move forward. I should also, maybe, mention that he is also one of Justin's friends. He said that he isn't happy with some of the choices that I have made in my life, which I'm pretty sure means that he isn't happy with the fact that I am still dating and madly in love with Justin. My decisions. We love each other and make each other happy and that is really all that matters.

Anyways, in a talk that I had with my brother, he also mentioned that he wanted to see us get a new place and move out of my parents basement. Hopefully this happens a lot sooner than later. We had found a basement suite that we loved in the next town over. But after going through expenses closer, moving out there would not have been feesable. Yes the place was excellent (2 bedrooms, huge backyard, in suite laundry, really close to my best friends house) but money has to come first. It would of been a longer drive to get to work, plus with our work schedules I get off work 1.5 hours after Justin does so he'd drive home, sit for about 40 minutes and then have to drive back out to pick me up from work. So we are currently biting the bullet with our housing selection and looking for an apartment along with basement suites. We didn't originally want an apartment, but they are much cheaper than getting a basement suite. I have been checking out PadMapper for looking up places as they compile a bunch of sites together. I currently have a favorites list of about 10-15 different apartments that I want to check out. I am going to make a spreadsheet and compile all the information about the apartments (such as laundry info, do they allow pets, parking, cost, etc). and then go searching from there. I'm going to be a bit picky when it comes to choosing an apartment. Such as I want it to have a double sink in the kitchen (easier to wash dishes if  no dish washer) and I want to have a bath tub (I miss having bathes).

This year I have made it the year of changes. There is the first change of new place to live. Second is finding myself a new job. I am currently looking into accounting programs at different collages in town. I haven't done much research yet, but hopefully I can find something that I can online that way I don't have to quit yet. Wouldn't be able to afford a new place if I have to quit my job to go to school full time. There is also a few other changes I want to make. Such as updating my wardrobe, doing more with my scrapbooking and card making, getting back into archery more, and trying to be more active in general (while still keeping my foot in mind). I'm also wanting to start designing and saving for my next tattoo.

Well I think that is all for now. I shall get some more truck stories up soon, as my camera is getting quite full of pictures from us going up trails. Although we haven't been going as much lately because of the amount of snow up the mountains. Heck there is even a time where I drove up the mountain in the snow. Man that was an adventure. There aren't any pictures of me driving as Justin didn't take any. But there are some new pictures after we switched driving, as I had driven as far as I could comfortably. Yeah that will be a fun post to write about.

Tata for now readers. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment