Friday 8 February 2013

My Co-Workers Are Not Family

This will be a rant. Mind you it will be a short rant, but either way a rant.

On Monday, February 11, it will be the first ever Family Day stat holiday in BC. My work will be open. The government set this stat holiday as a day to spend with your family. Well I will be at work for 10.5 hours instead of spending time with my family. Although on the plus side, whoever works this stat holiday will get the May long weekend off (as the company has decided to be open that stat also, along with Canada Day). I don't see how that will work for the May Long, as more than half of the staff is working on Family Day. So that will leave maybe 3 salesmen and the other cashier will have to come in.

On the bright side, at least I'll be making time and half.

Can't wait until I can leave. Going to start an accounting course online soon. Then I can leave....

No comments:

Post a Comment